Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RUN AND GUN, OR CAMPER?

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
The map does make a difference. I wouldn't say that i camp, but i do snipe a lot. I try to move around as much as possible. I prefer to call it "tactically waiting". I do run and gun on some maps like hijacked or slums.

Finally! Somebody else uses my phrase (though I called it "Tactically Standing Still"). It really does depend on the map and gametype. For example, there's going to be a ton more camping in Domination than there should be for Headquarters. In HQ, it moves, so camping would just be a douchey thing to do. But in Domination, there are three non-moving objectives to go for. So camping to control B isn't just an option, it's basically necessary.

It's all about how you do it. If you camp around a corner with a shotgun...go dance in traffic. But if you are camping to assist your team overall, go crazy. It's just that it seems more people camp to only help themselves than to make any real difference in the game (i.e. camping for their k/d, or for a killstreak).

HG Toasty

Forum Rookie
Mar 5, 2013
Long Island
People overuse camping. Camping to me is someone sitting upstairs on hijacked hiding behind a riot shield while using scavanger a shotgun c4 and shock charges. That happened to me the other day. I also think sitting in corners in tdm is camping. now, if it is an objective game and you are laying by the flag or bomb and watching, thats defending not camping.

XGC SouthrnHuss

Get A Life!
Mar 21, 2013
Alma, Ga
if i camp i tend to get killed quicker ...which isnt saying much cus i die just as much running around but its more fun than sitting in one place waiting on someone to wonder by or find me

SYN Visionary

Forum Star
Mar 2, 2013
Selah Washington
I use sniper a lot now an i camp but i move every couple of kills because i know there going to coming for me anyways, knowing the location i was hitting i but most of the time im using the assault riffles an moving along with couple guys, because i like having a friend to have my BACK lol

lolzbrittney2

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2013
NC
I prefer to run and gun I can't stand camping but def have to camp If we are playing a bunch of kids who sit in corners, it's all about spawn trapping (;

CSTX Roid Rage

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2013
Texas
I get extremely bored camping ... I always RUN and GUN , for me it works way better and usually take most players by surprise being really quick to pull the trigger. Add on xbox live - CSTX Roid Rage