Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RUN AND GUN, OR CAMPER?

Squeakbot

Forum Nerd
Jan 27, 2013
OFallon, IL
There's a third option too: Play normally, but cautiously. Like an in-between of the two. I like to run into the firefight, but I try to pay attention to everything as opposed to just focusing on one dude.

Melophonist

Forum Nub
Feb 21, 2013
UT
I always do a mix of both. Running and gunning can be great in objective-type matches but normally, I like to move around, sticking to the shadows, and striking when the enemy is off-guard. It helps keep my K/D spread up.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
depends on ur def of camp... i spend a lot of the game in one spot, but i play 95% domination, so i'm sitting near B defending it... i will run and gun some, but primarily we defend territories on domination... it does change up a little depending on the map and game mode

XGC Afina

Forum Junkie
Jan 19, 2013
Silverhill, AL
Definitely a run and gunner, but I'll keep to a specific spawn if we're strategically holding one side of the map and defending different areas of entry. Depends on the map though. Nuketown I just go all out and tear up anything and everything that moves. LOL.

KoG Dayze2

Forum Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
There is a time and place for everything. "Camping" works best if your team communicates and coordinates, contolling avenues of approach, and creating choke points. Persoanlly I prefer the team to control a spawn point, not to be confused with spawn trapping; rather picking a spot one easily accessible by friendly spawns. This works best for TDM, and can be tailored for objective gametypes as well. I'll run and gun if the team is stuggling to hold an area or objective. I'll run run a screen for nearby teammates, by staying close and not strayimg too far. If a player runs through the enemy spawn they run the risk of OPFOR, spawing behind friendlies. Or I'll run on the occasion when I just want to let loose, and I usually do it with a weapon not normally used.

Reactions: FenrirReleased

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
I don't play that much Call of Duty anymore, so it may be a bit different for me on Halo.

Honestly, it all depends on the gametype and the situation. However, in most gametypes (especially Team Slayer and Big Team Slayer), I try to work with my team to lock down a strategic portion of the map (a middle ridgeline, or a powerful vehicle spawn). If that means camping, so be it.

However, if we're winning by a large margin, or if the spot is clearly locked down, I move off to secondary objectives (weapon spawns, good sight lines, etc.). Bigger maps mean I camp a bit more than I'd like to, but on small maps...it's awesome. I get to let loose and run wherever there are enemies.

B0BAFETT

Forum Star
Dec 20, 2012
Lighthouse Point
I always run and gun, maybe a little bit too much. I haven't quite reached that level of 3rd tier scorestreaks yet. Maybe if I camped a little more i'd get a swarm or dogs once in a while.

KoG Dayze2

Forum Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
The last CoD I played was MW3, And I usually don't get the third tier much either. There is always that random grenade, semtex, SMAW or 40mm that would kill me. It takes a certain kind of mindset to get those third tier streaks. You habe to play to win, to adopt the "do whatever it takes," frame of mind. Killstreaks don't make the player good, that's just my opinion.

With Halo, I like to make sure I know the general area my teamates are located or moving towards. It helps to know when running and gunning, in the event that you may have bitten off more that you can chew you can always call for help. Giving you a couple of options, withdraw to regroup or stay and inflict as much damage as possible so you teamate(s) can mop up the rest.

XGC Apollo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 26, 2013
Texas
The map does make a difference. I wouldn't say that i camp, but i do snipe a lot. I try to move around as much as possible. I prefer to call it "tactically waiting". I do run and gun on some maps like hijacked or slums.