Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MICROSOFT LET DOWN .....

XGC INSOMNIA

Forum Nub
Oct 28, 2009
lubbock
well i got a message back form Microsoft today stating that "the investigation cannot verify any unauthorized use of this account" what kinda bs is that ? so basically sorry someone stole your account we cant do nothing about it have a nice day :D what a drag maybe its destined for me to make a XGC tag what do you guys think?

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
well it looks like you will have to get a new one... that's weird... i'm guessing you could get the police involved if someone seriously stole you account (it is an actual offense, e-crimes are real crimes) but i don't know if it's worth all of that hassle for a $50 yearly account... make a XGC potato account, we need more people with food in their names!!!

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
That usually just means whoever jacked your account did a good job of covering their tracks, or they didnt have enough credible info to go on. Its their system, but they can't see everything that happens on it.

I like Coleslaw's idea, bust out an XGC food tag & get the potluck going. May attract Hungry back :D

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
a long long time ago in a clan far far away(back when we were in KSI and hadn't invented XG yet), when I was a captain and being promoted to a general, i considered making a KSI picnic clan... and only inviting food groups...

Mabuhay Ka

Forum Junkie
Apr 19, 2008
Microsoft is pretty shady though..its thier fault,they should reinburse you and cancel your old account.They are responsible for the security of the network,if someone hacks them,it just means they arent doing thier job.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Hmmm does the grochery store reimburse you for goods that were stolen once they reached your house?

wait... I dont know if that example works well LOL....

Microsoft is responsible to a certain extent. Check the Terms of Service you agreed to upon registering for Live. Theyre at no fault for the theft, damage, financial impact, etc of what happens to your account, outside of the preventive measures theyve set in-place.

Theyre doing everything they can to keep your information safe BUT there are a few things they cannot control. Those being the lengths to which people will try to manipulate their system AND the stupid actions of people who put their account information in jeopardy (i.e phishing, etc).