Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

K/D

XGC Last Laff

Forum Junkie
May 13, 2013
um, kd really means squat to me. anyone can camp and have a 2+, but those of us that run, is a different story. i have a 1.37 on mw3, almost the identical on bo2 and a 1.79 currently on ghosts. again, doesn't mean much. id go by win/loss since that's more of the team stat.

Lildigg22

Forum Tourist
Nov 7, 2013
West Virginia
Once you quit caring about K/DR thats when it seems to be good. When i cared it was around 1.3 on MW and BO. Now I dont care and im at 2.3. Ive actually been having more fun on Ghost then i have any other COD game

MadWorld

Forum Star
Jan 10, 2014
I think it's sad how some care only for their k/d like it makes them some kind of hero. It's better to have both a decent k/d and w/l. Great w/l and horrible k/d probably means you're getting carried every game, whereas the other way around probably means you'd rather be greedy and leave your team out to dry. Having decent stats in both means you're all around helpful

Last edited:

kitty tutu

Get A Life!
Jan 28, 2013
California
I dont think that K/D directly reflects just a person skill. It can be based upon a lot of different things. Such as connection, how well others in the lobby play, game style, and luck really. I say game style because some people do just sit back and wait for the action to come to them, meaning they dont get that many kills.

XGC R4B1D S0UL

Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Findlay, Ohio, United States
Thats the only time I really care about my positive kill death ratio. It only realy matter in kill types. Even in kill confirmed it doesnt really matter what your k/d is. If you dont kill anyone at all and your team is and all you do is run around the map being mister vacuum then your still being more helpful then the guy sitting there not even going for the tags at all.

MadWorld

Forum Star
Jan 10, 2014
K/D aside, I can't stand getting stuck on a team full of feeders. Your ratio may not be the most important thing but consistently handing the opponent their killstreaks on silver platter is infinitely worse than getting stuck on a team full of people whose only aim is to get a giant k/d