Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IS CALL OF DUTY GETTING WORSE?

exis big daddy

Forum Noob
Nov 17, 2014
Desoto, Il
Hey everyone I want to put a question to you. Is call of duty getting worse? Now granted, graphics are improving and movement is now in league with Halo and Destiny but isnt that making it worse? The game revolves around making your bullets connect with the person your aiming at and it seems the better graphics get and the better the movement gets the worse the lag gets online. Advanced Warfare set a new bar as far as what you can do for movement in COD but has the lag gotten any better? Has the hit detection? Where are the dedicated servers? All of this I want to discuss with all of you and get you opinions.

xD4RKxCH40Sx

Forum Addict
Dec 13, 2008
NH
I lag all the time. Theres a lot of games I cant finish. Now I have good internet and dont lag a lot in other games. They have focused on what they can do and didnt put to much thought as to of everything can keep up. I do feel CoD is getting worse and not better. Graphics are great but the story and flow of game play are lacking.

XGC RollTide

Forum Junkie
Jan 29, 2007
Auburn,AL
www.youtube.com
I think that they make a good call of duty every 2 years I personally really like Advanced Warfare. I think the graphics are really good and they stepped it up with not just making another same ole same ole call of duty. Server issues are far few and between for me.

xGundamMKII

Forum Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
I think they are running out of ideas. After seeing the E3 footage of AW this year I decided to sit this CoD year out. I just don't see the point in spending the money on the same crap they have put out before. Hopefully they can come up with something better next year

BIGWHIT425

Forum Junkie
Apr 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
I am always getting hit markers when I play...I even got a hit marker when I tried stabbing someone...things are in my mind getting better though and are improving but this decline has been happening since MW2.

XGC Scoundrel

Forum Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
United States
Many aspects are getting better while some are getting worse. While I like AW, despite all the multiplayer issues, I sincerely hope Treyarch and IW make some drastic changes with the coming CODs.

Considering its now a 3 year rotation I expect there to be some major improvements in the online experience.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
I believe the quality has fluctuated for better and worse, and I've never particularly liked it's qualities.

Nevertheless, "Advanced Warfare" has changed with new tools of war, and that's alright.

The problems I and others have is that it doesn't feel right.

When I get the time to play all of them and compare them, I may elaborate on the good and bad over the series.

They'd probably benefit from more development time or a bigger budget.

Or a fresh artistic view, and game design.

I'll enjoy it and it's multi-player to a limited degree and go back to my standbys and other casual games.

SacredChaos24

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
Kansas
Yes, its mainly the Non-Treyarch CoDs though. In my opinion, Treyarch is the only developer of CoD that can say each game was better than the last. Non of their games were flawless, but each was good. Black Ops 2 was a great game, but I think it could have been better if they didn't speed it up to match IW's games. I personally like the slower, more bullets to kill Black Ops 1. Each Infinity Ward game has been worse than the last since 2007 and very uninnovative. Sledgehammers first solo CoD is good and bad. The amount of movement in the game is terrible. It just makes the game cater to kids who have ADD and only care about the Lone Wolf mentality. It has absolutely no teamwork. And because its so fast paced, it just makes the connection issues 10x worse. I've always said that with games that take more bullets to kill connection issues are minimized. In reality, the game needs to be stripped down, slowed down, and brought back to the Military shooter it always was. Just adding "new" features to the game every year isn't innovating if its just making the game a fustercluck.

Since 2007 here is my list of best CoDs.

1. Black Ops 2
2. Black Ops
3. Modern Warfare
4. World at War
5. Modern Warfare 2
6. Modern Warfare 3
7. Ghosts
8. Advanced Warfare

ThinCoolxGuy

Forum Star
Dec 25, 2014
North Carolina
Call of Duty has been getting worst since ghost came out and now they are trying to keep up with Battlefield and Halo. My favorite CoD is MW2 without hackers and Black ops 1 zombies.

ReZ Carnage

Forum Noob
Dec 31, 2014
norfolk va
Wouldn't say it's getting worse. I honestly think that sledgehammer is horrible. Ice never liked any of their game . AW is too close titan fall to me and rumor is they're bringing back word at war this year so I'm stoked as I think that was the best game as far as maps and zombies

TKB0 BIG D

Forum Nerd
Apr 18, 2015
California
I think A Dub is a Joke Cod Ghost is Good But i feel like where they messed up Was Maps Cod Mw3 had so much camper Cod Black ops 2 was alright for me My fav was Black ops 1 althought it did have last stand and that **** me off but i could deal with it and Cod MW 2 Was Good if it didnt have noob Tubes and One man army and last stand lol Cod 4 had Great potential It was great i wish they could go back to SIMPLICITY! ha